Industry Insight and Experience
With a dedicated Healthcare Services & Providers Industry Group operating across the United States, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, more than 100 lawyers in the group utilize their industry knowledge, legal expertise, commercial and government insights to help clients navigate an increasingly complex landscape.
Latham advises sophisticated hospital, health system, provider and payor clients, financial investors and other players in the healthcare sector dealing with challenging transactional, investigatory, litigation, antitrust and competition, and regulatory issues.
The group possesses years of experience advising a range of healthcare industry businesses, including:
- Hospitals, academic medical centers, healthcare systems
- Managed care providers, integrated delivery systems
- Health insurance companies, health plans and other payor organizations
- Skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, home health agencies
- Physician organizations
- Rehabilitation, diagnostic, and other ancillary service providers
- Countries, states, municipalities, and other government and government-sponsored agencies operating healthcare sector enterprises
- Healthcare trade associations
- Financial investors, investment banks, institutional lenders, private equity firms, venture capital firms and others with focus on the healthcare sector
The unique breadth of the industry group's experience and client base affords a deep understanding of the industry, allowing its lawyers to offer superior counsel to clients involved in transactions, investigations, litigation, antitrust and competition, and regulatory issues. With a highly developed grasp of the regulatory environments and markets clients face around the world, Latham lawyers offer clients careful and practical guidance that meets their business needs.
Latham's lawyers have handled some of the most significant hospital and healthcare provider investigations — including investigations of nation-wide operators. The firm's lawyers have also worked on many of the largest healthcare industry transactions around the globe. Latham regularly helps clients address issues relating to a wide spectrum of legal challenges, including:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity and other capital markets investment
- Compliance program development and counseling
- Regulatory counseling, including licensing and certification
- White collar and government investigations, including fraud and abuse, bribery and corrupt practices matters
- False Claims Act and qui tam litigation
- Provider delivery system development
- Hospital operational matters, including cooperation with life sciences companies
- Contract negotiations, including Payor, Vendor and Provider-to-Provider contracting
- Legislative matters
Contact the Healthcare Services & Providers Industry Group
For more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.