Jennifer Perkins is a partner in the Corporate Department of the New York office of Latham & Watkins. Ms. Perkins’s practice involves mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings and general corporate representation of both public and private companies. She has developed particular expertise representing private equity sponsors in leveraged buy-outs and dispositions. Ms. Perkins also has expertise in out-of-court and in-court restructurings representing sponsors and lenders acquiring equity positions. Clients for whom Ms. Perkins provides services for include The Carlyle Group, GTCR Golder Rauner, LLC, KKR & Co. L.P. and Centerbridge Partners, L.P.
Ms. Perkins was cited as a leading attorney in Private Equity: Buyouts by Chambers USA.
Ms. Perkins currently serves as the Global Chair of the firm’s Technology Committee.
Ms. Perkins's representative transactions include:
- The Carlyle Group in connection with the US$1 billion disposition of Open Solutions, Inc., a leading provider of collaborative, enterprise core account processing technology for financial institutions
- KKR & Co. L.P. in connection with the US$1.12 billion acquisition of Capital Safety Group, a leading provider of safety products and equipment for construction and other workers
- Leonard Green & Partners, L.P. in connection with the sale of Varsity Brands, Inc., the leading provider of education training and equipment for the school spirit market
- Centerbridge Partners, L.P. in connection with the minority investment in Seitel, Inc., a provider of seismic data to the oil and gas industry
- The Carlyle Group in connection with the US$1.1 billion acquisition of a controlling interest in Grupo Qualicorp, a Brazilian healthcare company, one of the largest leveraged buy-outs in the history of Brazil
- Centerbridge Partners, L.P. in connection with the US$680 million acquisition (alongside Goldman Sachs Private Equity) of Kenan Advantage Holdings Corp., a transportation logistics company
- GTCR Golder Rauner, LLC in connection with the US$830 million going private of Protection One, Inc., an alarm monitoring company
- Centerbridge Partners, L.P. in connection with the acquisition of Greatwide Logistics Services, Inc., a freight transportation and logistics company, in a Section 363 bankruptcy auction
- Onex Partners in connection with the in-court restructuring of Tropicana Resort and Casino, LLC, a hotel and casino located in Las Vegas, Nevada
- The Carlyle Group and Providence Equity Partners LLC in connection with the US$1.3 billion going private of Open Solutions Inc., a software and financial services company
- A consortium comprised of AlpInvest Partners N.V., The Blackstone Group L.P., The Carlyle Group, Hellman & Friedman LLC, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. and Thomas H. Lee Partners, L.P. in connection with the US$12 billion cross-border tender offer of The Nielsen Company, a global information and media company