Jennifer Perkins is a partner in the Corporate Department of the New York office and the global Co-chair of the Private Equity Practice Group. Ms. Perkins’s practice involves mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings and general corporate representation of both public and private companies. She has developed particular expertise representing private equity sponsors in leveraged buy-outs and dispositions. Ms. Perkins also has expertise in out-of-court and in-court restructurings representing sponsors and lenders acquiring equity positions. Clients for whom Ms. Perkins provides services for include GTCR Golder Rauner, LLC, KKR & Co. L.P., Vestar Capital Partners, Centerbridge Partners, L.P. and The Carlyle Group.
Ms. Perkins was cited as a leading attorney in Private Equity: Buyouts by Chambers USA.
Ms. Perkins currently serves as the Global Chair of the firm’s Technology Committee.
Ms. Perkins's representative transactions include:
- The Carlyle Group in connection with the US$1 billion disposition of Open Solutions, Inc., a leading provider of collaborative, enterprise core account processing technology for financial institutions
- KKR & Co. L.P. in connection with the US$1.12 billion acquisition of Capital Safety Group, a leading provider of safety products and equipment for construction and other workers
- Leonard Green & Partners, L.P. in connection with the sale of Varsity Brands, Inc., the leading provider of education training and equipment for the school spirit market
- Centerbridge Partners, L.P. in connection with the minority investment in Seitel, Inc., a provider of seismic data to the oil and gas industry
- The Carlyle Group in connection with the US$1.1 billion acquisition of a controlling interest in Grupo Qualicorp, a Brazilian healthcare company, one of the largest leveraged buy-outs in the history of Brazil
- Centerbridge Partners, L.P. in connection with the US$680 million acquisition (alongside Goldman Sachs Private Equity) of Kenan Advantage Holdings Corp., a transportation logistics company
- GTCR Golder Rauner, LLC in connection with the US$830 million going private of Protection One, Inc., an alarm monitoring company
- Centerbridge Partners, L.P. in connection with the acquisition of Greatwide Logistics Services, Inc., a freight transportation and logistics company, in a Section 363 bankruptcy auction
Ms. Perkins was a panelist at the 41st Annual Securities Regulation Institute in a session titled "Private Company M&A: An Exploration of Current Hot Spots and Special Issues."