Jennifer Perkins is a partner in the Corporate Department of the New York office and the global Co-chair of the firm’s Private Equity Practice. Ms. Perkins’ practice involves private equity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings and general corporate representation of both public and private companies. She has developed particular expertise representing private equity sponsors in leveraged buy-outs and dispositions. Ms. Perkins also has expertise in out-of-court and in-court restructurings representing sponsors and lenders acquiring equity positions. Clients for whom Ms. Perkins provides services include GTCR Golder Rauner, LLC, KKR & Co. L.P., Vestar Capital Partners, Centerbridge Partners, L.P. and The Carlyle Group.
Ms. Perkins was selected as a 2015 Private Equity MVP by Law360 and has been cited as a leading attorney in Private Equity: Buyouts by Chambers USA.
In addition to serving as global Co-chair of the firm’s Private Equity Practice Group, Ms. Perkins also serves on the firm’s Diversity Leadership Committee and Training & Career Enhancement Committee.
Ms. Perkins's representative transactions include:
- Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Inc. in connection with the US$1.5 billion Reverse Morris Trust transaction between Starwood's vacation ownership business, Vistana Signature Experiences, and Interval Leisure Group
- KKR & Co. L.P. in a number of matters, including in connection with the US$1.12 billion acquisition of Capital Safety Group, a leading provider of safety products and equipment for construction and other workers, from affiliates of Arle Capital Partners, and subsequent US$2.5 billion disposition of Capital Safety Group to 3M
- GTCR in a number of matters, including in connection with the launch of Brite Energy Solar, Inc., a solar energy company, the US$830 million going private of Protection One, Inc., an alarm monitoring company, and subsequent disposition of Protection One, Inc. to affiliates of Apollo Global Management LLC, and the representation of its portfolio company, Cision, a leading provider of PR, special software and insight services, in connection with its acquisition of Gorkana Group Limited, a UK-based media intelligence and data insights provider
- Vestar Capital Partners in a number of matters, including in connection with the recapitalization of 21st Century Oncology, a leading provider of advanced radiation therapy
- Amphenol, Inc. in connection with the US$1.275 billion acquisition of FCI Asia, a manufacturer of electronic connectors, from affiliates of Bain Capital LLC
- Sidney Frank Importing Company, Inc. in connection with its disposition to Mast-Jägermeister SE
- Darden Restaurants, Inc. in connection with the sale of the Red Lobster chain of restaurants to Golden Gate Capital
- The Carlyle Group in a number of matters, including in connection with the US$1.3 billion going private of Open Solutions, Inc., a leading provider of collaborative, enterprise core account processing technology for financial institutions, and subsequent US$1 billion disposition of Open Solutions, Inc. to Fiserv and the US$1.1 billion acquisition of a controlling interest in Grupo Qualicorp, a Brazilian healthcare company, from affiliates of General Atlantic, in one of the largest leveraged buy-outs in the history of Brazil
- Centerbridge Partners, L.P. in a number of matters, including in connection with the minority investment in Seitel, Inc., a seismic data company, the US$680 million acquisition (alongside Goldman Sachs Private Equity) of Kenan Advantage Holdings Corp., the nation’s largest tank truck transporter and logistics provider, the acquisition of Greatwide Logistics Services, Inc., a freight transportation and logistics company, in a Section 363 bankruptcy auction, the out-of-court restructuring of Penhall Company, a concrete demolition and construction services company, and the acquisition by Greatwide Logistics Services, Inc. of YRC Logistics, Inc., a provider of logistical services, and Cardinal Logistics Management Corporation, a freight transportation and logistics company
- Representations of sponsors and banks in various out-of-court restructurings including, Ares Management LLC in connection with two restructurings of the Jacuzzi Group, a global manufacturer and distributor of residential and commercial bath products and JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. in connection with the out-of-court restructuring of Hilite International, Inc., an automotive components manufacturer
Recent Speaking Engagements
Ms. Perkins was a panelist at the 41st Annual Securities Regulation Institute in a session titled "Private Company M&A: An Exploration of Current Hot Spots and Special Issues."